The Stagwell Group is currently hiring for the following position(s):
Chief Marketing Officer – Posted 12/21/17
The Stagwell Group, a DC-based private equity fund building a portfolio of digital marketing services agencies, is looking for a Chief Marketing Officer to join our growing team and lead business development for our portfolio.
Job Description: This position is responsible for driving growth across the Stagwell Group’s portfolio companies. The CMO will focus on Group-wide clients and look to bring together Stagwell’s companies to win large, new pieces of business. In addition, the CMO will look for strategic opportunities to drive existing client relationships either by expanding scope or by bringing in different portfolio companies.
- Drive new client relationships at the Stagwell-Group level
- Prospect and close relationships with key target clients
- Develop and implement a sales management processes from pipeline through to proposal and account planning
- Expand scope of existing client relationships
- Develop a go-to-market strategy to increase Stagwell Group’s awareness level, including exposure and presence at key marketing/industry conferences like Cannes, ANA, etc.
- Develop Group-wide materials, resources and case studies
- Create and manage the intra-company work stream process
- Build and guide teams in sales and account management
- Develop and achieve appropriate metrics for the new business process
- 15+ years of in experience in an advertising, marketing and/or agency environment
- Smart, entrepreneurial profile with strategic vision and strong bias to execute
- Proven experience and track record working with search consultants in both the media and creative space
- Aggressive self-starter with strong relationship management and negotiation skills
- Ability to recruit and train top-tier sales and account management teams
- Strong track record of achieving and exceeding goals
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to rapidly develop and cultivate relationships with peers, partners, and clients
- Ability to work independently and perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
Deputy Portfolio Manager/Investment Analyst – Posted 1/10/18
The Stagwell Group is a private equity fund focused on making investments in marketing communications agencies particularly in the digital space.
Job Description: Applicant will be responsible for assisting in strategic and daily tactical investment decisions in equities, income securities and options of a portfolio of securities as part of a family office. Will work directly with principal on putting investment theories and strategies to work. Understanding of equity markets, good research and math skills are essential. Job offers front-line trading experience and training. Responsibility will grow over time. Ideal job for someone who has the skills, interest, can multi-task and grow in responsibility.
Work Schedule: Full-time
Reports to: Partner
- 0-2 years experience with fundamental analysis in an investment bank or similar, or via relevant coursework
- Superior quantitative abilities
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities
- Strong written and oral communications as well as analytical skills
Treasury Manager – Posted 1/25/18
Job Description: The Treasury Manager is responsible for portfolio-wide cash management, liquidity, risk management, and reporting to the company’s cash activities. The position reports to the CFO and works directly with the corporate and operating companies as well as the bank contacts.
1. Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements;
2. Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and funds available for portfolio operations and investment opportunities;
3. Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities;
4. Advise management on the liquidity aspects of its short- and long-range planning;
5. Use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company’s borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions;
6. Review and monitor bank reporting to ensure covenant compliance; and
7. Maintain credit rating agency relationships.
8. Develop and implement investment policies for excess liquidity.
9. Create risk parameters related to short term investing activities.
10. Report, manage and track daily worldwide cash positions and intra-company-funding.
11. Manage variances from Book to Bank balances.
1. Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting;
2. 10+ years of progressively responsible treasury experience for a major company; and
3. Should have a thorough understanding of derivatives, hedging, investments, bank account management, and international funds flows.